Donation Contest Widget is a plugin which allows you to add donation contest box to any widgetized area of your website. Just look at the right side column of this website and see what I mean.
It works like the following.
1. The widget can be easily inserted into any widgetized area of website like any standard WordPress widget (drag and drop).
2. Once added users can see donation contest box (like you see at right side column of this website). This box displays three group of donors in rotating mode. The first group is the TOP X (X is defined in WordPress admin area) donors for the last 30 days starting from now. The second group is the TOP X donors for last year starting from now. And third group displays TOP X donors for all the time.
3. User can click “Donate” button and make donation. Once donation done, user’s name will be stored in database and if donated amount is high enough his/her name appears in TOP X donors list.
1. The plugin is installed like any other standard wordpress plugin. The only thing you have to do is to set derictory permission 0777 for folder /wp-content/plugins/donation-contest-widget/uploads (this folder is used to store custom donate button).
2. Once installed, it will create a configuration page in the admin section where the admin can do required setting such as PayPal ID, “thank you” message, number of TOP X donors to be displayed, custom “donate” button, widget stylesheet etc. You can see the list of plugin settings at screenshots below.
3. The plugin also adds new widget into widgets list. So you can easily drag it and drop into and widget area.
This version of plugin doesn’t have input field for donor’s URL.
You can purchase the plugin which contains input field for donor’s URL (as you can see on right column) below. I sell this plugin for $7.00.
Before installing paid version, please deactivate and remove free version. Do not install paid version together with free version.
If you have any question please leave your comment below. You also can try it by making small donation.